[About our Guides]
[Prices & Booking]
The closest rock climbing area to Banff. In fact, these climbs are within Banff Town Limits and they climb the steep side
of the small peak above town. The best route on the cliff is known as Gooseberries and offer 6 great pitches of moderately
difficult rock climbing with great views of the Bow Valley. As a bonus, the approach hike is only about 15 minutes long and
can easily be walked to from the Banff HI Hostel.
Location: Banff, Alberta. 20 minutes from Canmore, 1.5 hours from Calgary.
Logistics: Canmore or Banff, Alberta are the best places to base out of for rock climbing in the Banff & Bow Valley areas.
Other Nearby Routes
- East End of Rundle - Numerous multipitch climbs of all difficulties above Canmore.
- Norquay Slabs - numerous multipitch climbs near Banff.
- Yamnuska - 5.5 to 5.12, 300m - the showpiece multipitch venue of the Canadian Rockies.
- and hundreds more...
Group climbing gear such as ropes and carabiners will be provided by Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides. The personal
gear listed below is mandatory. Please inform us well in advance if you need to borrow any of these items.
Items that are not available for loan must be rented or purchased. Rental and purchase information can
be found here.
- Small Pack (about 30 litres) - available for loan
- Hiking Boots or Shoes
- Rock Climbing Shoes - available for loan
- Harness - available for loan
- Helmet - available for loan
- Rain jacket
- Light Gloves
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen
- Water Bottles (1 litre)