[About our Guides]
[Prices & Booking]
Ha Ling Blog postings:
Ha Ling towers above the town of Canmore and is the most eye catching cliff visible from town. Don't let it's impressive appearance
fool you though, there is a fun and reasonably easy rock climb right to the summit of this cool peak! The North East face route offers
about a dozen excellent pitches of climbing in the 5.4 to 5.6 range, making it a great choice for those with just a day or two of introductory rock
climbing under their belt. The descent is easily made down good trails on the backside of the peak while enjoying great views of the
Bow Valley and Kananaskis Country. Harder routes also exist on the mountain, and guided ascents of routes up to 5.11b are available for those with the skills!
Location: Canmore, Alberta. 1 hour from Calgary, 20 minutes from Banff.
Logistics: Canmore, Banff, or Lake Louise are the best places to base out of for rock climbing in the Bow Valley.
Other Nearby Routes
- East End of Rundle - Numerous multipitch climbs of all difficulties above Canmore.
- Norquay Slabs - numerous multipitch climbs near Banff.
- Yamnuska - 5.5 to 5.12, 300m - the showpiece multipitch venue of the Canadian Rockies.
- Gooseberries - 5.9, 200m - on Tunnel Mountain above Banff.
- and hundreds more...
Group gear such as ropes and carabiners will be provided by Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides. The personal
gear listed below is mandatory. Please inform us well in advance if you need to borrow any of these items.
Items that are not available for loan must be rented or purchased. Rental and purchase information can
be found here.
- Small Pack (about 30 litres) - available for loan
- Hiking Boots or Shoes
- Rock Climbing Shoes - available for loan
- Harness - available for loan
- Helmet - available for loan
- Rain jacket
- Light Gloves
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen
- Water Bottles (1 litre)
- Lunch with lots of snacks