[About our Guides]
[Prices & Booking]
EEOR Blog postings:
The East End of Mount Rundle (E.E.O.R.) above Canmore has a great selection of rock climbs for all abilities with quick and easy access from town. One of
the best climbs on the cliff is "Eeyore's Tail", a great 5.8 rock climb with sections of really interesting climbing on great rock. The climb follows
a series of corners, cracks, and chimneys to the top of the wall.
Other good rock climbs on EEOR include Geriatric (180m, 5.8), True Grit (170m, 5.10b), Reprobate (450m, 5.7), Parallel Dreams (180m, 5.11a), and dozens
more! The short approach, excellent rock, and sweet views combine to make this one of the best multipitch climbing areas in the Rockies.
Location: Canmore, Alberta. 1 hour from Calgary, 20 minutes from Banff.
Logistics: Canmore, Banff, or Lake Louise are the best places to base out of for rock climbing in the Bow Valley.
Other Nearby Routes
- East End of Rundle - There are dozens more climbs at all grades on this cliff.
- Ha Ling N.E. Face - 5.6, 450m.
- Yamnuska - 5.5 to 5.12, 300m - the showpiece multipitch venue of the Canadian Rockies.
- Gooseberries - 5.9, 200m - on Tunnel Mountain above Banff.
- and hundreds more...
Group gear such as ropes and carabiners will be provided by Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides. The personal
gear listed below is mandatory. Please inform us well in advance if you need to borrow any of these items.
Items that are not available for loan must be rented or purchased. Rental and purchase information can
be found here.
- Small Pack (about 30 litres) - available for loan
- Hiking Boots or Shoes
- Rock Climbing Shoes - available for loan
- Harness - available for loan
- Helmet - available for loan
- Rain jacket
- Light Gloves
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen
- Water Bottle (1 litre)
- Lunch with lots of snacks