[About our Guides]
All prices in Canadian Dollars - click here for current exchange rates.
Private Guiding & Instruction
Rates include use of all neccessary climbing equipment except for boots and clothing.
- Rock or Ice Climbing: $500/day (1st person)*
- Additional persons (Rock or Ice): $75 per person/day
- Alpine Climbing: $800/day (1st person)*
- Additional persons (Alpine): $100 per person/day
- *Hard Ice or Alpine routes: please inquire
- 5% GST will be added to all payments.
Gift Certificates - CRAG Gift Certificates make great presents for the adventurous person in your life! Any dollar amount available.
Prices vary depending on destination & options selected, please contact us for a quote or more information.
Prices do not include GST (5%).
Tipping: Although certainly not mandatory, it is customary to tip your guide if you feel that he or she provided an exceptionally
Guides have received tips ranging from $20 to over $500, there is no standard amount, just whatever you feel is appropriate.
Lunch + Snacks(day trips): $30/day
All meals(overnight trips): $55/day, includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and drinks.
Cook Option: $400/day plus meal package costs - On multiday trips generally your guide will do the cooking with assistance from all team members.
If however you wish to have a gourmet backcountry eating experience, an experienced cook can accompany the team. This option is
not available on all trips, please contact us for details. Must be booked well in advance.
Photographer: $450/day - Have a professional climbing photographer join you or your group to capture the experience! Includes a disc of high quality edited photos. Not available on advanced climbs.
For National Parks and other fee areas, you will be responsible for all entrance fees.
Gear: most technical gear is provided as outlined in the relevant sections on the website. Boots, clothing, and other
personal items can be purchased or rented from a number of stores including Mountain
Equipment Co-op in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and elsewhere; Switching Gear in Canmore (outdoor consignment store);
Mountain Magic in Banff; Gravity Gear in Jasper. Please contact us if you need assistance with gear selection or rentals.
Accommodation Costs: On custom multiday trips outside of the Canmore/Banff area, all accommodation costs for you and your guide are your responsibility. This
includes backcountry huts, campgrounds, hotels, backcountry camping passes, etc. We are happy to help make the
arrangements for these when they are required.
Porter Option: $350/day - On multiday trips, 1 or more porters can be arranged to assist with carrying group gear and
personal items. This allows you to save your energy for summit pushes and have a more relaxed trip in the mountains. Must be booked well in advance.
Health & Travel Insurance: - If joining us from outside Canada, it is required that you purchase health and travel insurance for the duration of your trip. Make certain that your insurance policy does not exclude climbing & mountaineering activities! Health care in Canada is NOT free for non-residents. Insurance is also recommended for out of province guests.
Booking & Cancellation Policy
|Booking Procedure - 3 easy steps!
- Step 1: Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss suitable options for your skill and experience level. One of our guides will be happy to work with you at choosing the best objective possible.
- Step 2: We will send you a electronic invoice for your trip. In order to book your trip or course a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total is required (minimum $100). This can be paid with an e-transfer, credit card, PayPal account, or cheque.
- Step 3: Remaining payment is due 4 weeks prior to start of trip and can be paid in the same way.
Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides (CRAG) - email@example.com - Canmore, Alberta, Canada
- Weather/Conditions - In the event of poor weather or conditions alternate climbing plans will generally
be made and the day will not be cancelled. For example, a smaller less committing mountain may be
climbed, or a day of sport climbing instead of multi-pitch climbing, etc. If weather is extreme, the day may be
cancelled at the discression of Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides and guests can reschedule with no penalty or receive a refund minus a small fee in the amount of 10% of the original deposit.
- Cancellation by CRAG due to other situations beyond our control (park closures, highway closures, natural disasters) - Guest can choose to transfer full payment to any other course/trip within 18 months, or receive a refund minus a small fee of 10% of the original deposit.
- Cancellation by CRAG for personal reasons - All money will be refunded to guest. Don't worry, this has only happened once or twice a decade!
- Cancellation by Guest, more than 30 days before trip - Entire 25% deposit will be retained by Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides. If other payments have already been made they may be applied to a future booking.
- Cancellation by Guest, less than 30 days before trip - All payments will be retained by Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides.
- Special Circumstances - From time to time we may waive the above policy if proof of serious circumstances beyond your control have prevented you from attending. This will be done at our discression on a case-by-case basis.