[About our Guides]
[Prices & Booking]
Whiteman Falls is one of the best grade 6 routes anywhere and makes a great first grade 6 ice climb. It sits at the
back of a beautiful canyon amidst towering rock formations. The climb offers almost 100 meters of steep and technical
climbing. Neighbouring Redman Soars is a fantastic naturally protected mixed climb up thin ice, steep cracks, and even a
few overhangs. CRAG's lead guide feels it is the most enjoyable mixed climb he has ever done. For those who have followed
some M5 and M6 climbs at the mixed crags, this climb is the perfect choice. With an early start, both Redman Soars and
Whiteman Falls can be combined into a single day.
Location: Kananaskis Country. 45 minutes from Canmore, or just over 1 hour from Calgary.
Length: 95m (Whiteman Falls); 55m (Redman Soars)
Grade: WI6 (Whiteman Falls); 5.10 WI5 (Redman Soars)
Logistics: Canmore, Alberta is the best place to base out of for all climbing in the Kananaskis area.
Other Nearby Routes
- Kidd Falls - WI4, 55m
- Ranger Creek - WI 3-5
- A Bridge Too Far - WI 4+, 300m
- and dozens more...
Group gear such as ropes and carabiners will be provided by Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides. The personal
gear listed below is mandatory. Please inform us well in advance if you need to borrow any of these items.
Items that are not available for loan must be rented or purchased. Rental and purchase information can
be found here.
- Small Pack (about 30 litres) - available for loan
- Ice Climbing/Mountaineering Boots
- Crampons - available for loan
- 2 Ice Climbing Axes - available for loan
- Harness - available for loan
- Helmet - available for loan
- Winter Jacket or Goretex/Softshell Jacket
- Winter Pants or Goretex/Softshell Pants
- Long Underwear
- Gloves (2 pairs)
- Toque or Balaclava
- Gaitors (optional but highly recommended)
- Water Bottles (2 litres)
- Lunch with lots of snacks