[About our Guides]
[Prices & Booking]
This beautiful climb is a great place to experience your first ice climbing. The bottom ice step allows you to learn
the basics and practice your climbing technique. Once you've gotten the hang of things, the three pitch climb to the top
will provide a great afternoon of climbing. The views of the nearby peaks at the Columbia Icefields are stunning.
Location: Between Jasper and the Columbia Icefields. 2.5 hours from Canmore, 45min from Jasper.
Logistics: Jasper or the Rampart Creek Hostel are the best places to base for this climb. This climb can
be done with groups of up to 3 people, making it the perfect outing for small groups of friends. No previous climbing
experience is neccessary.
Other Nearby Routes
- Shades of Beauty WI4, 120m
- Kerkeslin Falls - WI3+, 4 or 5 pitches
- Malign Canyon - WI2 to WI 5 - 20m to 30m
Group gear such as ropes and carabiners will be provided by Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides. The personal
gear listed below is mandatory. Please inform us well in advance if you need to borrow any of these items.
Items that are not available for loan must be rented or purchased. Rental and purchase information can
be found here.
- Small Pack (about 30 litres) - available for loan
- Ice Climbing/Mountaineering Boots
- Crampons - available for loan
- 2 Ice Climbing Axes - available for loan
- Harness - available for loan
- Helmet - available for loan
- Winter Jacket or Goretex/Softshell Jacket
- Winter Pants or Goretex/Softshell Pants
- Long Underwear
- Gloves (2 pairs)
- Sunglasses (important!)
- Gaitors (optional but highly recommended)
- Water Bottles (1 or 2 litres)
- Lunch with lots of snacks