[About our Guides]
[Prices & Booking]
This famous climb along the Icefields Parkway is one of the most sought after grade 6 routes in
the Rockies. After a short "warmup pitch" of WI5, a long and exciting pitch of vertical snow/ice
mushrooms brings us to the final pillar. This final pillar will challenge even the most fit ice
climbers with it's dead vertical nature and few places to rest. Sometimes there is even a small
ice roof to surmount at the top. This climb does not form every year, but when it does it is not
to be missed!
Location: Between Jasper and the Columbia Icefields. 2.5 hours from Canmore, 45 minutes from Jasper.
Grade: WI 6
Logistics: Curtain Call is guided with a 1:1 guide to guest ratio only.
Other Nearby Routes
Group gear such as ropes and carabiners will be provided by Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides. The personal
gear listed below is mandatory. Please inform us well in advance if you need to borrow any of these items.
Items that are not available for loan must be rented or purchased. Rental and purchase information can
be found here.
- Small Pack (about 30 litres) - available for loan
- Ice Climbing/Mountaineering Boots
- Crampons - available for loan
- 2 Ice Climbing Axes - available for loan
- Harness - available for loan
- Helmet - available for loan
- Winter Jacket or Goretex/Softshell Jacket
- Winter Pants or Goretex/Softshell Pants
- Long Underwear
- Gloves (2 pairs)
- Sunglasses (important!)
- Gaitors (optional but highly recommended)
- Water Bottles (1 or 2 litres)
- Lunch with lots of snacks