[About our Guides]
[Prices & Booking]
This incredible scramble allows non-climbers to reach one of the highest summits in the Rockies! The views from the top at 3543m are unbeatable and the trip is enjoyable throughout.
Dates 2017: August 28th (2 spots available) ; September 17th (4 spots available)
Dates 2018: July 29th; September 2nd
Cost: $255 + GST
Maximum Group Size: 4 (up to 6 for custom dates)
Prerequisites: Good hiking fitness, including some experience in rugged mountain terrain.
Custom Dates: Available mid-June to early October for groups of 1 to 6. Inquire for pricing.
Meeting Spot & Time: Lake Louise at 5:30am.
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 + GST is required to book your spot on this trip. E-mail us
(email@example.com) and we will provide you with an electronic invoice and payment options.
- Remainder is due 4 weeks before trip.
Scrambling through the steepest section!
Starting from the iconic Moraine Lake near Lake Louise, the ascent begins with a hike up to Sentinal Pass. From here we leave the hiking trail and begin the steeper ascent towards the summit. As we ascend, the views of the surrounding peaks and glaciers become more jaw dropping with every step! Although this isn't a technically difficult climb, there are a number of steeper rock scrambling sections to keep you on your toes, and lots of elevation gain to make you work hard for the summit! On the upper mountain snow may be encountered depending on the season. Descent is made back down the same route. Expect the trip to take somewhere between 7 and 11 hours depending on conditions and fitness levels.
All technical equipment is provided free of charge except for boots.
However, if you have your own gear, feel free to use it! Rental and
purchase information for boots, clothing, and camping gear can be found
If you are unable to locate any of these items or have any questions,
feel free to contact us at any time for assistance.
- Boots - All participants must have good quality hiking boots.
- Small Pack (20 - 30 litres)
- Harness - provided
- Helmet - provided
- Crampons - provided - not necessary during dry conditions.
- Mountaineering Axe - provided - not necessary during dry conditions.
- Water Bottle, 2 Liters per person
- Food & snacks
- Waterproof jacket + pants (preferably breathable)
- Warm tops and bottoms (fleece etc.)
- Warm toque and gloves
- Hiking socks
- Gaitors (optional but highly recommended during snowy conditions)
- Hiking pole